HerStory Book Cover

Coming from Pagan Writers Press on March 8, 2013!

Search

Powered by Blogger.

Tribe

Publisher

Pagan Writers Press
Monday, March 4, 2013

Sneak Peek at Michelle Cornwell-Jordan’s Musings of an African-American Cowgirl



The Duel-(1959 by actor Gary Cooper) “No one remembers how it turned out, but Mary was still around when it was over.”

Lies being told….
Anything I am paid, I earned, so that was why I needed to set Old Duck straight.

***

Old Duck had his back to me. He was shoveling out the pen. I was mighty surprised to see him actually putting in an honest day’s work. Many a day, Old Duck could be found at the back of the barn, lifting his flask instead of the hammer to repair the roof. But that day he was working, and in the perfect position for a point to be made. I whipped out my .38 Smith & Wesson revolver, aimed, and having the perfect shot in sight, said, “Next time, you should make sure you have all the facts right when speaking about a lady. Oh, I forgot. You might have just run out of next times.”
I pulled the trigger and felt the bullet as it left the chamber.

Read more of Mary Field’s life and adventures! See how this amazing woman became the historical figure StageCoach Mary…and also see if Old Duck had his goose cooked!
 
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan is a Young Adult/ New Adult Paranormal author. Her titles include a co-written work with Danny Jones called Reahket and her solo young adult novella series Night School Vampire Hunter Trilogy.
She is also the producer/host of the online radio segment, IndieReview Behind the Scenes, where she and her co-host Jamie B Musings interview Indie authors and musicians.
Michelle has been married for seventeen years and has a fourteen-year-old daughter. A book lover, her favorite genre has always been paranormal adventures.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great experience and so much fun! I have spoken to the young girls in my center as well as the parents, shown them the book, various excerpts, quotes and trailer! They all love and I have had two of my girls from the Youth Center...this morning want to know where they can buy it!:O) This is an incredible to not only share history, but strengthen our your girls...shoot! Their moms as well:) Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...