HerStory Book Cover

Coming from Pagan Writers Press on March 8, 2013!

Search

Powered by Blogger.

Tribe

Publisher

Pagan Writers Press
Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mary Terrani's Everyday Heroine

When you hear the word heroine, most people’s minds immediately go to someone famous or for some, even a superhero. For me it’s a person that I have known for years and today I’m going to tell you why she is a heroine to me. 
Let me tell you a little bit about Sarah. She’s a wife, a mother, a blogger, an author, a crafter, a sister, and a friend that you would be lucky to have in your corner. In addition to all of that she is an advocate for her children. All three of her children have special needs. Denver and Kennedy have Cystic Fibrosis and Molly has Autism. 

Every day she works and strives to make sure that none of that defines them or their family. She shares what they go through on her blog not only to help herself but to help others that might be doing the same thing. Each day she deals with the struggles that come with each need of her children. Whether it’s a doctor’s appointment or an everyday need, she handles them with a grace that I could only wish to possess. Through hospital stays and meetings with teachers to make sure all of the kids have what they need she still finds time to be there for her friends and extended family. 

Being that we live 12 hours apart it makes it hard for us to be there for each other beyond the telephone, but she’s there. Despite everything she has going on in her life I know that if I ever need her she is there. It could be a text, a phone call, email, or even an instant message she is always there pushing me and prodding me to be a better person, a better writer. We are there for each other no matter what.

When I sit back and look at our relationship it is not only something that I am grateful for but something I cherish. I wish I could do more to help but distance makes that hard. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried, we’ve fought just like sisters do. 

In the end though I can only hope for one thing. To be more like her. She is not only a heroine to her husband and her children. She’s mine.

***

Mary Terrani is the single mother of two boys—tween and teen. When they aren't keeping her on her toes, she writes to soothe her long-standing passion for the written word. Not satisfied with one genre, she dabbles in young adult romance, paranormal, and is also working on a post-apocalyptic piece with fellow author, Sarah Cass.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and Sarah sounds like a friend anyone would be grateful to have. I hve someone in my life like that as well. My Aunt Jeanette. She has always been there to listens to the joys and challenges, and no matter what has always loved me, even in my more unlovable moments. We should always be thankful for these wonderful people. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...